History (By Year)

East Memphis Rotary History - 1989-1990

Officers

PresidentBeverly Vaughan Acker
Vice PresidentBob Chandler
SecretaryDr. Norris McGehee
TreasurerChris Mercer
Sergeant-at-ArmsDr. Tod Singer

Board of Directors

Bob Roten Dick Swett Fred Lewis
Homer Bunker Paul Pennebaker Peter Treadwell
Rebecca Martin Tom Grizzard

District Governor

Tom Murry, Tupelo, MS


1989-1900 Club History/Activities

The Rotary Club of Memphis voted on May 9, 1989 to charter a new club to be named The Rotary Club of Memphis East and agreed to share its territory with the new club.
First provisional club meeting on August 23, 1989 hosted by Dick Reynolds, then President of The Rotary Club of Memphis, at the Holiday Inn on Poplar Avenue at Interstate 240.

The Rotary Club of Memphis East was founded on September 27, 1989. There were 56 charter members. The official Rotary International charter was granted on October 2, 1989.  A Charter Presentation Gala was held at The Memphis Marriott Hotel on December 15, 1989. Meetings moved to the Racquet Club in January, 1990. Membership at Rotary year end was 67.


2018-2019
2017-2018
2016-2017
2015-2016
2014-2015
2013-2014
2012-2013
2011-2012
2010-2011
2009-2010
2008-2009
2007-2008
2006-2007
2005-2006
2004-2005
2003-2004
2002-2003
2001-2002
2000-2001
1999-2000
1998-1999
1997-1998
1996-1997
1995-1996
1994-1995
1993-1994
1992-1993
1991-1992
1990-1991
1989-1990
15-16
© 2019 East Memphis Rotary, All Rights Reserved
504 W. Sanga Circle Cordova, TN 38108  |  (901) 754-1615  |